Pies used to intimidate me. Baking them that is. You have to worry about the crust and the filling. It has to be the right consistency and some have special baking instructions…
This pumpkin pie is a breeze to throw together and is practically foolproof. It’s not overly sweet (you can add a bit more sugar if the filling isn’t sweet enough for you), is full of flavor, and sets beautifully.
Recipe Type: Dessert, vegan
- 1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp melted non-dairy margarine or melted coconut oil
- 2-4 Tbsp cold water<br>
- 3 cups pumpkin puree (not filling)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 Tbsp coconut or vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- For the crust, mix the flour and salt together.
- Add in melted margarine/oil.
- Slowly add cold water until dough forms.
- Gently press dough into 9 inch pie pan.
- For the filling, mix all the filling ingredients together well.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Let cool completely and set for about 4 hours before serving.