This is another simple recipe. There’s only a few ingredients and I think it’s pretty fool proof. These could be eaten plain as brownies, or topped with a mint icing as cupcakes. We opted to top them with So Delicious Mint Chip ice cream and were not disappointed.
Makes 12 brownie/cupcakes:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 fresh peppermint leaves cut fine
- 2-4 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease muffin tins/silicone mold/etc.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Fold in the peppermint leaves and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Top with mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- Garnish with mint leaf.