This was totally spur of the moment so I didn’t take good measurements, but it came out really tasty and I think it’s pretty fool proof. It’s vegan and gluten free, and could probably be sugar free. I’m not a fan of any sugar really, but I’ve been playing around with coconut sugar lately. I used protein powder in place of any flour, and it worked out great. I used a chocolate protein powder, but using vanilla protein and chocolate chips would probably be really good too.
I can’t stress enough that this is not something you want to present at a dinner party, however, it tastes just like a piece of moist cake. It’s perfect when you have a sweet tooth on a Saturday night, and don’t feel like going anywhere or making a whole dessert.
All mixed. Pre-cooked.
5 Minute Double Chocolate Protein Mush Brownie:
(makes 1 serving)
- 1 Tbsp margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- 1 Tbsp sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- Apple sauce (I used probably 3 Tbsp)
- pinch of salt
- drop of vanilla extra
- pinch of baking powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I use Sun Warrior)
- long pour of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (just enough to make it moist)
- chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
Microwave the margarine until melted, about 15 seconds.
Stir in sugar.
Mix in rest of ingredients, add enough milk to make it moist.
Microwave about a minute, until cake like.
Not pretty, but very yummy.